Monday, November 26, 2007

Cunninlynguists

Peace,

I been into these guys since their second album, Southernunderground. It is also reasonable to argue that A Piece of Strange is a modern day classic. Anyways, the groups new album Dirty Acres is going to be released on November 27 (tomorrow). The album is insane!!! Kno's production is on point as expected. The surprise to me is how much the group has matured lyrically. I still find Deacon's rap style annoying at times, but lyrically he has improved greatly. Guest spots from Devin, Phonte, and Witchdoctor are necessary and the Intro with Big Rube has me reminiscing on the old Dungeon Family albums.

You could cop the album from qn5.com, undergroundhiphop.com, sandboxautomatic.com, and I'm sure many other places.

Here's a sample track for ya:

"Things I Dream"
http://www.zshare.net/audio/5190207b800e39/

No comments: